StaceyHH

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Reza Aslan
Ignition City Volume 1 - Warren Ellis I loves me some steampunkalicious space spaghetti western. Yessir. (I learned how to spell spaghetti in the 7th grade when it lost me a damn spell-off. I always get a little conflicted when I use it correctly in a sentence.) Mary Raven is tough, take-no-prisoners, and trying to find out who killed her daddy. There's only one problem – Warren Ellis apparently gets bored. I love W.E., love his stories, his big ideas (although I wish he'd spend a little more energy on story, and a little less on creative swearing,) the terrific artists he pairs with... but why oh why does he drop fantastic stories just when they hit their stride? Like Doktor Sleepless, which I adored, he just drops the storyline. At least this one is “finished.” I'll keep reading Ellis' stories, I'm a sucker like that, even if I have to cross my fingers everytime, that I'll get a complete story.