StaceyHH

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Reza Aslan
The Colour of Magic  - Terry Pratchett I just adore Pratchett. The first thing I ever read by him was Good Omens, which of course, he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman. Some of the ideas, being very Gaimanesque, led me to the rest of Gaiman's books, but the snarky, playful humor is (mostly) all Pratchett. It took me quite awhile to figure that out, and to read anything in the Pratchett-universe.Since then, I've read several books in the Discworld series. I figured it was high time I started at the (sort of) beginning. Like the books, the reading order is rather convoluted, so theoretically I'm starting with #1, then persisting with some sort of chronological reading order, within the general story arcs. Hmmm...A part of me expected this to be a weak entry in Discworld, given that it is book #1, and as a general rule, I've found initial books-in-series to lack development. Boy was I ever wrong.From the Big Bang Hypothesis, to the Cliffhanger ending, I was teeheeing and snorting through the entire clever, funny, action-packed and reference-rich tale. HIGHLY recommended, and if I could adore Pratchett anymore than I already do, I would.