StaceyHH

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Reza Aslan
Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats - Kymythy Schultze This is more of a testimonial than a review: My husband heard about this book nearly 7 years ago on the Tom Martino radio program. At the time, we had a brand new puppy, little more than 3 months old, and he was already showing signs of severe allergies. The vet, an older country doctor, suggested that unless we got a handle on the allergies, my puppy would need ear surgery and life-time medication. I was very resistant to the idea of "natural" feeding, but agreed to read this book and give it a try. Within a few days, ALL of my puppy's symptoms started to clear up, and over a couple of months he became glowingly healthy and energetic. At 7 years old, my dog (a cocker spaniel) is routinely mistaken for an older puppy, even by the vet techs (at first glance). About 6 months after putting the pup on the natural diet, one of our cats developed a UTI, so we put the cats on Schultz's diet. At 11 years old, he has never had a reoccurence, and our second cat also is glossy, healthy and full of energy, even though he is at least 10 years old. All of the pets are at their ideal weight. Schultz' diet is explained in detail, but simple enough so that it's not overwhelming. In seven years, my implementation of her program has changed a bit, but the basics remain the same. This book is my starting recommendation for anyone who is interested in a more biologically appropriate diet for their fuzzy babies.