StaceyHH

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Reza Aslan
Space Junque (Apocalypto, #1) - L.K. Rigel Loved this novelette. The writing is pretty tight, and it's an interesting story of near-future eco-disaster, eco-terrorism, and space adventure. Woven through the story is a small romance. There's a lot of good story here, and I wish it had been developed more slowly, fleshing out some of the background, such as the Defenders of Gaia, the Talibanos Unidos, and the various orbiting stations. It's almost as if this story is written as an interlude (one can hope?) Clearly, the other unexplained elements, such as Durga and Corcovado, that show up late in the story, will be addressed in the next installment (please!) I'm a little confused about whether this has elements of fantasy, or if it is meant to be straight-up science fiction, and have to admit (as a personal preference,) I'm hoping for a sci-fi explanation for the latter 25% of the story. edit: the author has noted that this is a "paranormal" story, which (I think,) answers the query above. (Somehow I missed that in my first glance over the Amazon description.) I'm good with that, and looking forward to Spiderwork.